HISTORY

1931

On 1 March 1931 the company G. Hinrichs & Co. is founded as a “general partnership” in Hamburg. The owner and provider of the company’s name is Gustav Hinrichs. 

1934

With effect of 13 March 1934 the company becomes a member of Verein Hamburger Spediteure e.V. (VHSp), the association of Hamburg-based forwarding companies and the agents representing their interests, which was founded in 1884.

1965

Rolf Hinrichs, the son of the company’s founder, joins his father’s company.

1969

Rolf Hinrichs and Helmut Schreier become partners in the company.

1975

The international forwarding business is enhanced to include the chartering of maritime ships.

1984

Founding of the company BALTIC SEACARGO AGENCY GmbH and the development of throughout shipment operations from Scandinavia, primarily from Sweden and Finland. Appointed as the managing directors of this business segment are the co-founder and shipping agent Dieter Vagt and his daughter Kerstin Vagt.

In the same year Gustav Hinrichs leaves the company for age reasons and transfers the managing director duties to his son Rolf and his son-in-law Helmut Schreier.

1987

The legal form of the company is changed from general partnership to company with limited liability.

1988

Helmut Schreier leaves the company.

1991

Captain Thomas Pötzsch joins the company as partner and is appointed managing director.

1997

Division of the corporate activities into the newly founded companies:

  • G. Hinrichs & Co. Spedition GmbH for the logistical division and
  • G. Hinrichs & Co. Shipping GmbH for the shipping division.

For the logistical division Mr Heiner Klocke is appointed as managing partner.

1998

Founding of the company G. Hinrichs & Co. (ASIA) Ltd. in Hong Kong. Further offices are opened in Shanghai und Beijing.

2006

Merging of BALTIC SEACARGO AGENCY GmbH with G. Hinrichs & Co Spedition GmbH.

Rolf Hinrichs stands down as managing director. Dominique Neumann is appointed as a further managing director of G. Hinrichs & Co. Spedition GmbH.

2007

Death of Rolf Hinrichs on 6 January.

2008

Following Mr Heiner Klocke’s retirement, Captain Thomas Pötzsch becomes the sole partner. The restructuring of the corporate group is planned and implemented.

2009

The following companies are renamed:
G. HINRICHS & CO SHIPPING GmbH is renamed G. HINRICHS SHIPPING GmbH
G. HINRICHS & CO SPEDITION GmbH is renamed G. HINRICHS LOGISTIC GmbH
G. HINRICHS & CO GmbH is renamed CcTcP SUPPORT GMBH.
 
At the same time further companies are founded: CcTcP MARINE GMBH and CcTcP SERVICE GMBH

2010

G. HINRICHS LOGISTIC GmbH founds its own air freight department with IATA agency.  

2011

The renaming of the company from G. Hinrichs & Co. (ASIA) Ltd. to CTP CARGO l TRANS l POOL (Asia) Ltd. is followed by the founding in the same year of a further branch office in Xingang, Tianjin Province.

2012

Move of the CARGO l TRANS l POOL companies to their current head office in Rellingen, to the north of Hamburg. For the registered head office of the corporate group, a villa dating back to 1907 is extensively renovated and redesigned, whereby at the front the old façade is retained and built on to it at the back is a modern new construction in the shape of a ship. 

2013

Together with the company’s partner Rheintrans B.V., Rotterdam, +Service to Logistic GmbH is founded in Duisburg. With its own warehousing and outdoor store as well as rail sidings and an indirect water connection, the company specialises in transhipment, storage and the processing of minerals, bulk goods and part loads.

2014

Founding of the new companies CcTcP SUPPORT HOLSTEIN GMBH and CcTcP SUPPORT ROTTERDAM B.V.

Finally, the next restructuring step involves the renaming of the following companies:

+Service to Logistic GmbH in CcTcP SUPPORT DUISBURG GMBH
 G. HINRICHS SHIPPING GmbH to CcTcP SHIPPING GMBH
 G. HINRICHS LOGISTIC GmbH to CcTcP LOGISTIC GMBH
 CTP CARGO l TRANS l POOL (Asia) Ltd to CcTcP SUPPORT ASIA LTD.